Is Your Website Generating The Leads & Sales You Need…
To Generate Leads & Sales Your Website Needs To Be On Page One Of The Search Engines.
Search Engine Optimisation
I have been around the digital arena for some time now and it astonishes me (still) that some companies don’t view Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)as a necessity when it comes to their online presence and some do.
I want to make it completely clear to all when it comes to your website (online presence) SEO it is an absolute necessity and if you’re not continually optimising the pages on your website then it’s costing you money, just as if you’re doing it badly it’s costing you money.
I’m just going to add in here right now to clarify; to get it right it will cost you money.
Now that we have covered the fact that SEO is a necessity and there is a cost, let’s look at why you actually need it. I am not a lover of acronyms unless they come with the meaning, it’s just not my style to speak to you in what might as well be mumbo jumbo, flexing my SEO muscles. If you haven’t got a clue what I’m talking about and believe me, I have 101 acronyms I could use, anyway I digress.
How can I make it simple for all to understand, look at it like this if you will…
You walk into a book store looking for a book on a certain subject, what’s the first thing you do?
- Go to the section that contains the types of books on the subject you’re interested in
- You then look at the title of the book, now you are satisfied you have found the right type of book
- You look at the description on the back of the book, does it appeal to you?
- It appeals to you, so you open it up and look at the index which gives you a very high level view of the topics covered by the book and you go to one of the topics in the index
- You read a little and it has the content you want so you take the book to the counter and you buy the book
The above is exactly what your target audience is doing when they are searching online.
- Your target audience goes online and usually to Google (other search engines are available) and they enter keyword(s) into the search box, this then returns the top 10 listings as seen by Google on page one
- They then look at the title of the websites, one of them has the keyword in the title they just searched for
- They read the description you have under the title, does it appeal to them?
- It appeals to them, they then click on the link to go to your website
- They browse and buy your products or services
Now hopefully that should point out, at a very high level the importance of SEO. Keep in mind that the above is a simple introduction to what’s known in the industry as ‘On Page SEO’.
Another thing to remember is Google doesn’t rank websites, it ranks web pages and therefore your entire website needs to be fully optimised for both the user and the search engines.
‘On Page SEO’ is only a small part of SEO, before that comes Keyword Research. If you get Keyword Research wrong then you’re wasting your time, as it is the be all and end all of SEO and PPC (Pay Per Click).
“Glad you mentioned PPC Eugene, our company uses PPC so we don’t need to worry about SEO as PPC is working for us just fine”………… “Oh no you didn’t just say that to me!”
That’s a whole subject in itself, SEO or PPC? A question in my mind that should never be asked, I will explain in a blog post shortly. If you want to know how to ensure your website is optimised for the search engines so that you can generate the leads and sales you need, sign up and I’ll notify you when I have written some killer content on how to optimise your website and reduce your PPC costs.